- Elected by Third Legacy Procedure at the Fall Conference and Assembly in odd numbered years.
- Voting member of Area Committee and Area Assembly.
- Chief administrative officer for the Area.
- Approves and signs all contracts.
- Sets the agenda for the four annual Area assemblies and chairs each event.
- Appoints all standing committee chairpersons and the Area webmaster.
- Final authority for all material posted to the Area website.
Please refer to The A.A. Service Manual Combined with Twelve Concepts for World Service, Chapter Five, The Area Committee, for basic qualifications and duties.